Support for young people in care and leaving care
Support for young people in care: SpeakerBox
Who are SpeakerBox?
SpeakerBox represents the voice's of care experienced young people in Southwark up to the age of 25. They create opportunities for young people to hang out, have a say and be heard.
What SpeakerBox do...
- Meet monthly to discuss issues
- Offer advocacy support and help you make complaints
- Create films and performing arts performances
- Run a magazine for young people by young people
- Provide advice and information
- Offer paid work and opportunities
- Organise fun events, trips and activities
- Meet with councillors
- And lots more…
Southwark Care Leavers
Southwark Council is a Corporate Parent to Looked After Children and Care Leavers. That means that we have a special responsibility to look after them, and always provide them with the best possible support and care.
If at any time when reading this website, you’d like more information, please get in touch with your social worker or your Personal Advisor. If you’re not sure how to contact them go to our contact page for more info.